June 24, 2021
The HOLT Race Committee would like to provide this Covid 19 update to our participants who will be joining us this year for HOLT #35 on Sunday July 18th.
Certainly it has been an interesting journey from this past January until now. While we were grateful and relieved to hear that the State of Minnesota would be lifting restrictions on large outdoor gatherings and events in May, we still realize that we have to be mindful when it comes to the health of those around us.
While we are grateful that Covid appears to declining in prevalence in all of our communities, we understand it still active, and we need to remain cautious . With that in mind we offer the following thoughts and considerations.
1. We hope everyone has taken advantage of the opportunity to get vaccinated. For those who have not had that opportunity, or have declined that option, then we will respect that decision, however we will then expect that you will come prepared with your own mask, and other items necessary for your own personal safety and care.
To make it simple, it’s an honor system among us all!! You should know we are communicating this same message to our race committee and volunteers as well.
2. If you are not feeling well in the days leading up to the event, please consider staying home.
3. We will be handling registration in a similar fashion than years past at our City Pavilion.
We ask you consider coming early to avoid the crowds. We will have masks and hand sanitizer available for all who would like. If possible we are considering the option for outdoor registration.
4. Bike transitions for both races will be racking on the east side of the city pavilion. We will be placing extra spacing for all bike racks, and will be limiting the numbers of bikes per rack, to allow for extra participants spacing.
5. The swim start will be a wave start as in years past, however to minimize contact, we will have a new staging area in an adjacent parking area, and will be shrinking the waves to a smaller number than in the past.
6. The recovery area is still working on a final plan, however we will have a comparable variety and amount of items post race. Some will be serve yourself, some will be provided by our volunteers.
Masks and hand sanitizer will be readily accessible.
7. The awards ceremony will be unchanged from years past. We will begin promptly at 10:45 am.
We are blessed to have a great shaded park setting that is very easy to keep a safe distance for everyone. It has always been a great way to celebrate a fun race day.
8. We are hopeful that this is helpful, and if you would have additional thoughts, questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Race Director Jeff Holmberg at 320-282-8573.
April 2, 2021 ON BEHALF OF THE HOLT BOARD OF DIRECTORS, AND THE HOLT RACE COMMITTEE, WE ARE THRILLED TO OPEN REGISTRATION FOR HOLT 2021!
We certainly missed seeing everyone last year, and while we are currently uncertain as to how our event will unfold on July 18th, we are confident that we will be able to provide a safe and exceptional race day experience for you that will continue to reflect the excellence that has become synonymous with HOLT. (Yes, 2021 will also be HOLT #35!)
You should know we will be working with Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) in regards to Covid 19 guidelines and protocols and plan to meet and exceed them in protecting all participants and volunteers on race day. As these guidelines are being currently modified by both CDC and MDH, we will continue to update this website as adjustments are made. We encourage you to check back the end of each month; April, May, June for the most recent updates as they relate to our July 18th event.
Also, in acknowledgement of this uncertainty going forward, the HOLT Board, and Race Committee has determined that should participants have ANY reason to wish to withdraw from participation after registering, a full refund (less transaction fee) will be refunded to them if requested by June 30th, 2021. It is the intention of this change, from our previous race change policy, that a ‘no questions asked’ policy would hopefully allow for registrants to plan and prepare for race day, while they also evaluate the current Covid situation and make the final decision for their personal safety without financial consequence.
We look forward to seeing you soon, and thank you for once again supporting HOLT !!
Until then, stay safe and stay well!