July 14th Update
HOLT 2021 Awards Modification Notice
With less than one week to race day, we have reviewed our current registrations, and have decided to make the following changes for HOLT 2021 Awards:
Framed HOLT artwork prints will be awarded to the top three overall finishers in the long and short courses, to both male and female athletes.
After the top three overall award winners are recognized, the second priority category, Masters
( Age 40 & over) will be awarded to those winners,male and female, in the long and short courses.
Finally, age group awards will be awarded (as in prior year’s), in 5 year increments, beginning with 19 and under, through 80 & better for both long and short courses.
Please note that participants will only qualify for one award (the highest priority), and only one award will be given to a participant. (Thus no double dipping of awards.)
Also, we have decided to remove the limitation that Elites are only eligible for framed print awards, and will now be eligible for age group awards using the above stated guidelines.
The HOLT Race Committee will continue to recognize the Elite athletes on race day in an appropriate manner for their special accomplishments.
Due to the registration dynamics of this year’s race field, we feel this is both a simpler, and more representative way to recognize the achievements of race participants.
June 25 Update:
To our Registered Participants, and friends of HOLT, we would like to offer you this update for HOLT 2021, scheduled for Sunday July 18th.
We have monitored the early rollout of this year’s Triathlon season and have used this time to evaluate and consider how we can continue to provide our traditional excellent race day experience while keeping our participants safety a priority. We are confident we can once again deliver on both for you.
Some points of particular interest for all: some new, some the same:
- We have just had road construction projects conclude in the area that have made significant improvements to both the short, and long bike route courses. Both courses have new surfaces on 3-7 miles of the race courses, and in addition, in the past 3 years, nearly 2/3 of both the short and long bike courses have had major surface upgrades. If you enjoy a smooth and fast bike course, HOLT #35 is where you want to be!!
- The HOLT Swim courses are a sight to behold on race day. Exceptionally well designed and setup, they are also exceptionally well-staffed and supported by HOLT volunteers for participant safety, and provide participants with a ‘stress reduced’ race experience. If you have some concerns about swim course safety, HOLT #35 is where you want to be!
- In addition, while race day water temperatures typically have averaged 76-78 degrees, beginning with this year’s event, HOLT will now be WET SUIT LEGAL to all those participants who choose that option for their safety, preference, and / or convenience.
- New for 2021, we have decided to merge the short course bike transition with our long course bike transition. We are excited to experiment with this change, as we feel it will enhance the race day experience for all participants. Better race day communication, improved participant safety, increased athlete comrade, while also allowing for enhanced social distancing considerations, are all a part of what we hope will be something that everyone will come to appreciate and enjoy! Simple and easy. Come see for yourself, and let us know what you think!
- The HOLT Recovery Area is a one-of-a-kind experience in itself. Besides the exceptional post-race food offerings, the ‘Shower Mister’ is always a participant favorite.
- Also, by popular demand, ‘The Message Therapists’ will be back!
- Join us for the most unique and efficient awards ceremony in the Upper Midwest, hosted by the one and only Race Announcer, Jerry MacNeil, while resting comfortably in the shade of beautiful Pleasant Lake.
- And, if your time permits, please feel free to join us post-race at one of our local favorites, and sponsors, Spilled Grain Brewhouse, where the HOLT Race Committee members, and HOLT Volunteers will gather immediately following the awards ceremony to celebrate the landmark 35th annual Heart of the Lakes Triathlon. We hope you have time to join us! We look forward to seeing everyone. It’s GREAT TO BE BACK!
- Until then, stay safe and stay well!